Upon the arrival of each fall and winter, we are met with nostalgic feelings which lead to the deep seeded desire to clean for the holidays, and more frequently remodel to escape the mundaneness of your life.Alas we are met with things the limit the capacity to live the way you want to live, from arbitrary issues, to simple financial ones. Luckily some easy renovations can be made to the sink.
1. Replace your old flange and basket strainer!
Is your sinks flange not working, or completely scratched up. Does your basket strainer clog things and strain them. Does the flange not match other fixtures? Whatever the reasons,regardless this is easy and cost effective upgrade. Usually all you need to do is unscrew the locknut underneath the sink and pop the old flange up, then add the new flange.
You can find all this information on youtube.
2. Add a soap or lotion dispenser!
If you have an extra faucet hole on your sink, consider using it for a soap or lotion dispenser. It takes very little time to install, and you’ll have a sleek, clean look with less clutter around the sink. You’ll also save money by buying your favorite dish soaps or hand lotions in bulk – and help the environment.
3. Install an under counter water filter!
Enjoy the taste of bottled water without the cost of paying for the bottles Rather point-of-use filtering systems fit easily under the sink, and can be installed in an afternoon by a decent Sure, this may be a bit more expensive than adding a soap dispenser or switching out a flange, but you’ll save money in the long term.
There are some very simple upgrades to make to your kitchen sink. For any plumbing needs be sure to contact us, and we will send one of our very qualified techs to come out and assess the issue.
The sewer backed up, and the damage is on the floor. You must examine whether or not it is a good idea to clean up the mess by yourself.
The run down….don’t even think about it. The average person lacks the equimpent, training, and knowledge to do an effective job at repair. Sewage has many nasty things, where you need proper gear. In the event of a spill….don’t waste a moment, call you local plumber ASAP.
Don’t go near sewage
Don’t even go near the area where the backup occurred. Water that comes out of the sewage system is beyond dangerous, known as blackwater (also known as category 3) can contain toxigenic and pathogenic compounds that could cause harm to both you and your familys.
Sewer water is potent in viruses
The IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification) states that there are over 120 viruses that can be found in feces and urine alone. This is a tiny faction of the virus found in sewage, including virus such as…
- Rotavirus – Life threatening stomach virus in children
- Adenoviruses – respiratory and eye issues
- Norovirus – can cause stomach flu like issues
- Giardia and Cryptosporidium –a cause of chronic intestinal disease in both adults and children
- Salmonella, Shigella and Escherichia coli – Air restriction and respiratory problems
You can’t treat sewage with only bleach
Unlike other bacteria issues, the solution for sewage isn’t to just bleach it. The bleach can do a great job with the superficial aspects of cleaning, however it does not help with killing the bacteria. These are not the common household germs that bleach is known for killing, no, they are way more dangerous and will require professional intervention. Actually , we have been called in on cases where the original cleanup was done with a heavy dosage of bleach and we still found high levels of contamination throughout the treated area. Bleach will not do the trick, only a professional help will.
If you have any plumbing issue, be sure to contact us for San Diego’s best plumber.
It doesn’t matter what the situation is, flood damage can definitely create a lot of unneeded stress in one’s live. When it comes to water clean up it doesn’t matter how much there is, it is essential to make sure to do a good job with proper repairs in order to ensure your family’s well being, and to keep your home’s value up. With water damage there is little you can do until the pros get there, but try these solutions, and you will experience more success.
- The first step is to make sure that you are in a safe situation. Look out for hazards, and possible electrical damage. Do not try and be a hero, you will be glad you waited later.
- Get rid of excess water using a mop, so the water doesn’t stay present. This can create pools which may lead to much more mold. This can be a costly mistake so be very careful and thorough.
- Save your valuables and clean them up. But them in a well ventilated location, in order to protect them from and remaining water damage.
- Don’t turn on or touch anything electoral, even a ceiling fan. You risk more damage and even your own safety.
- Remove wet area rugs from carpet and if the carpet is damaged move the colored rugs, or you risk the color dye running.
- DO NOT USE THE VACUUM CLEANER. You run the risk of spreading bacteria and damaging it. Keyword… wait until the pros get there. If needed use a broom and dustpan.
- Clean all kitchen wear with hot water and bleach to kill contaminants. If you are negligent here you risk serious health risks.
- Take damped clothing outside to dry, don’t use a dry cleaner as this spreads bacteria rather than kill it. For more valuable clothing make sure to see a professional, as to not create further damage.
- If there is no water damage by the HVAC, turn on the AC to speed up the drying process, and give you a leg up in the time it takes to return to your normal home life.
Whenever you are hit with flood damage, it is always important to act fast, however always call a professional. If you act fast now, you will be very very happy in the future. Follow these steps and you decrease the amount of damage, and make sure to stay safe. Contact us for San Diego’s finest plumber.